Skip to main content

Strawberry Lemon Sorbet, or Summer is Finally Here

Summer has finally reached the Bay Area with temperatures hitting 90 degrees Fahrenheit and above. As such, this is going to be another short and sweet post (because it's too hot to be behind a computer. :P). I knit this scarf over a year ago in some luscious cotton yarn for the summer, but I never got around to blocking, photographing and listing it. Here it is now. The scarf will be up in my Etsy shop soon for $10. Very reasonable no? Be stylish and keep cool this summer with this long skinny scarf knit with fun colors in cotton yarn. The scarf is 4 inches wide and about 7 feet long. As usual, here the pictures.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Spring! Here's a new free pattern!

Spring is FINALLY showing up in full force over here. I'm seeing flower petals floating along on the (STRONG) winds we've been having here in the Bay Area. To celebrate this change of seasons, here is a free pattern for a scarf that I designed last year. I called it Colliding Stars after my friend Melissa, who owns a calligraphy and design business called...you guessed it - Colliding Stars . She saw the initial sample of this scarf that I knit in some random green yarn I had in my stash. (Funny story - I bought the yarn from a fellow Ravelrer who had dyed it a bright neon green. I took it and overdyed the scarf a dark green, but I think I agitated the yarn too much so it had this sort of semi-felted look to it. Pretty interesting). Anyway, here are a few pictures of the initial Colliding Stars scarf, and the pattern follows. You can download a pdf version of the pattern here or on Ravelry . Colliding Stars Denise A. F. Twum I love simple lace patterns th...

Berry Lacey Scarf

UPDATED 1/17/2012 : I've uploaded a pdf of this pattern onto Ravelry. You can also download the pdf here:  Berry Lacey Scarf . This pattern is not totally original. I was playing around with some drop stitch patterns, knit this scarf, and thought I liked the way it looked. Here we go. Finished Size 6in x 7ft Yarn Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino (51% silk, 49% merino; 150yd [137 m]/50 g [1.76oz]): Intenso colorway,  1 skein Tools US #11 (8 mm) straight or circular needles Tapestry/yarn needle Pattern Instructions Set Up Loosely cast on 17 stitches. Knit 4 rows, then continue with the row by row instructions. Scarf Row 1: K1, *K1, yo*, repeat from * to * until last 2 stitches, K1, slip last stitch with yarn in front (purlwise) Row 2: K1,*K1, drop yo*, repeat from * to * until last 2 stitches, K1, slip last stitch with yarn in front (purlwise) Row 3 & 4: Knit all stitches till last stitch, slip last stitch with yarn in front (purlwise) Row 5: K1, ...

My First Giveaway: Help me choose three patterns

One of my favorite designers is Kirsten Kapur, who has a lovely blog called " Through The Loops " that I'm currently following. Now Kirsten is celebrating her Birthday/Blogiversary with a sale of her beautiful patterns: buy 2 patterns, get a 3rd free. She has SOOOOOO MANY beautiful patterns that I just can't decide which ones I want. I would love your input on which three patterns to get from Kirsten's shop. And to sweeten the deal, here's my giveaway details: if you comment on this post and pick which pattern you think I should purchase, you will be placed in a drawing to win your own custom handknit version of the design you picked!! Now ain't that sweet! Spread the word people. Three people will be winning some sweet handmade items from my store. And here are the contestants: 1. Andrea's Shawl and Mitts 2. High Line Shawl 3. Moody Kerchief 4. Snow Drops and Snap Peas Shawl 5. Ulmus Rectangle 6. Roma Shawl The pictu...